Methodist Homes Corporation
Providing safe and affordable housing and health care for God’s “Older Children”
Across Alabama and Northwest Florida
Formed under Alabama law in 1956 in Birmingham, Alabama, Methodist Homes Corporation (also known as Methodist Homes for the Aging Corporation and hereafter referenced to as “MHC”) became an innovator in senior housing and geriatric care in the state of Alabama and northwest Florida. To serve God’s “Older Children,” our homes are designed as places to live, not just exist. With Christian mission in mind, MHC continues to meet the continuing personal health needs of the elderly. Through extensive research, the plan for MHC’s first home became a reality in 1961. Since that time we have grown to serve 13 communities across Alabama and Northwest Florida. Our services include Garden Homes, Independent Living, Assisted Living, Specialty Care Assisted Living, Distinct Alzheimer’s Care and Skilled Nursing Care.
In February of 2010 the Board of Trustees of MHC adopted a Strategic Plan which
includes a Vision Statement, a restated Mission Statement, and a list of Core
Methodist Homes aspires to be a national leader in shaping the culture of aging
by enriching the lives of older adults and all those who serve them through
innovative and life-affirming faith-based community services.
The mission of Methodist Homes is to enrich the lives of older adults and all
those who serve them in faith based communities, where life is celebrated,
relationships are valued, teamwork is embraced, service excellence is expected
and the touch of God’s love is ever-present and ageless.
- Faith – Guides, strengthens and unites
- Integrity - Honesty, trust, ethical behavior
- Respect - Sensitivity, listening and embracing diversity
- Teamwork - Modeling teamwork, expecting teamwork, recruiting team players
- Excellence - Striving to rise from good to great, good is never good enough
- Joy - Investing in that which brings satisfaction, pride and joy
- Innovation - Finding new ways to create value for customers
- Social Responsibility - Producing benefits to society